Welcome to X-Plane.Org Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Display Errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Capt. Oveur

Capt. Oveur

We have clearance, Clarence!

• 41 posts
Lately I get some weird behavior of XHSI concerning tuned in Navaids. Like yesterday, when I tuned in an ILS and some VORs for APP.
I get weird ERR messages in XHSI, while display on primary ND is OKAY.

See attached image for reference (don't bother about the cold MCP. Shot was taken during shutdown, but on flight indications were the same).

Problem happens using XHSI 1.0 and using XHSI 2.0 Beta (Release 3, i think).
The shown DME and CRS values seem to be correct, BTW.
No course/Radial indicator lines were shown, too.

I also figured, that it occurs when toggling frequencies: First I only got that ERR only with NAV2. When I switched to the Navaid on NAV1 STBY the same occured for NAV1.

Any ideas?

Attached Files

• Attached File  xhsi.png   448.04KB   56 downloads

youtube.com/watch?v=hzqdDoe8FoM

Just watched it after a couple of years => AWESOME :-) !!!

MarRog

MarRog
  • 697 posts
After a month vacation, I am slowly starting to get motivated again to work on XHSI.

I have seen these ERR too, so I will look into it in a few days. It's surprising that it has not been reported before...

MarRog

MarRog
  • 697 posts

Lately I get some weird behavior of XHSI concerning tuned in Navaids. Like yesterday, when I tuned in an ILS and some VORs for APP.
I get weird ERR messages in XHSI, while display on primary ND is OKAY.

I modified the program to intercept these ERR conditions, but I think the real reason was that X-Plane and XHSI were using different versions of the AptNav databases.

haardy

haardy

HH

• 24 posts
  • Interests:Music, Acting, Flightsims, Scubadiving, Keyboards
Wow! Another fan of this hilarious movie ;-))

In the current beta 4 I noticed a slight difference of ONE degree between XP and XHSI in the display of CRS 1. I will check if this occurs in certain scenarios only.

Roger, Roger...
ttfn ..oO(ta ta for now)Oo..
haardy aka 1177439 aka LHA474 -.....oO(thank you for choosing Leipzig Air)Oo.
"I worked under Oveur" (tribute to Peter Graves aka Cpt Clarence Oveur in "Airplane!")
Posted Image

"I started up with nothing and I still got most of it left." (Seasick Steve, 2010)

MarRog

MarRog
  • 697 posts
It is not a real difference, just a rounding difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users